Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fancy That.

Yesterday as I was fighting the post-christmas returners, shoppers, and exchangers, I got a phone call from Hollywood, FL. I knew it was my airline, so I was quick to answer the phone, in the middle of a bustling mall. I ducked into a store and had to ask the clerk for a  pen & paper, and proceeded to get my travel arrangements! December 30th, at 6:00am, I am headed to Ft. Lauderdale!

While she apologized for the inconvenience, she explained that I would be staying 45 minutes away from the training center, In Boca Raton. POOR ME. Class is scheduled to begin at 9am each morning, so I will have to be ready to hop on the shuttle each morning at 8. A cake walk for this early morning barista. While they thought of the 45 minute commute as a bad thing, I am actually thankful! I know the extra time just sitting in the morning will give me some quiet moments to study and be fully prepared for whatever the day brings. I am such a blessed blessed girl.

Highlights:
-FINALLY knowing my travel arrangements!/ Such a weight off my chest!
-Seeing my beautiful new home for the month of training... I won't suffer. :)
-Being almost ready in the shopping department! Today I must conquer luggage & shoes.

NON-Highlights:
-Somehow dropping my guard after the phonecall enough to let one of the kiosk guys do his buy this routine, AND I BOUGHT IT. He wore me down! After his 3rd attempt I bought his $60.00 dead sea mineral skin treatment for $27.00. I know Mom, you taught me better. I have been shamed. Duped into the bought something I didn't want or need club. Oh Well. You live and you learn, right? Dead Sea Minerals anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Ty! What an awesome start to an awesome adventure. I'll be following your every step. We're excited to see what God does in your life! :) Happy flying. -Lilah and Zac

    ReplyDelete