I wanted a fresh start in 2012, I wanted to be on a positive path that would lead me toward new adventures and would be a bit more fulfilling than just working my job at Starbucks. I felt God pulling me and begin changing my heart, I knew that at the end of the year I would be doing something new. But what I didn't know, was how quickly, then slowly it would happen.
My email came the evening of December 22nd, and after printing out my 45 page workbook , I began searching for answers about training. I have a packing list & a shopping list full of "must-haves" before I leave the ground for Ft. Lauderdale. The toughest part about this timeline has been trying to work, celebrate Christmas, study the materials, and go shopping to get all of the things I need!
Bailey and I ventured out on the 23rd, {forgetting of course that it was December 23rd}, to the mall. When we got there and it was swarming with people on the outside we knew we were in for a treat! We decided to brave the crowds and see what we could find. It was madness in there. Not only were the stores looking like tornadoes had gone through them, the people looked like they had been through tragedy too. We saw some people sitting on the floor to take rest and one lady even sleeping on the floor with her bags surrounding her. Too much for this girl to handle. Seriously. Leaving 2 hours later with only 2 red button ups, and a black leather purse with no logos or flashy design to show for it, we were exhausted. Who knew it would be so hard to find khaki dress pants?
We rewarded ourselves with a girls night & Chipoltle for dinner.
It's Christmas morning and I'm waiting for the family to wake up before I have to head out to work. I've been up for quite a while because it's storming outside. I've been enjoying the reminder this morning of the power of God, as I listen to the thunder and watch my room light up occasionally. The best part is knowing that His power is full of love for me. The same God that created this earth and makes the rain fall and the sun rise, has given me the opportunity to follow my dreams and serve Him in ways I never thought possible. I am full of gratitude this morning, thinking over the past year. And wonder for where I'll be a year from now.
No comments:
Post a Comment