Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"I love people, and I love to travel!"

It's a joke around here that every flight attendant uses the statement "I love people and I love to travel" in their interview. It makes the interviewers chuckle every time because the voice of experience tells them that we should just wait six months and see if we still feel the same way.
During training we would mock ourselves when we didn't feel like getting up in the morning or when we would have an especially tough test. But now that I am graduated I've been thinking on that statement a bit more.

We come into training and this job with excited hearts ready to serve and excited to learn and see things. Excited to meet new people, and work with passengers from all different walks of life and cultures. As we go, we begin to take on the attitudes of some of the senior mamas and papas. We become hard and see the passengers as nuisances instead of the people providing us with an incredible job and a nice little paycheck.

I don't want that to be me. I want to live a life of joy. And I want to choose to be thankful. I'd rather be too positive than carry around the weight of a hardened heart. So here I am, resolving to love people and love to travel. Promising to myself that I will choose joy every day and shine a little light rather than bring a dark cloud onto the plane. I will break the chain of negativity. I will live full, and live free.

Feel free to remind me of this often. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment